Friday, July 15, 2011

Surgery?

Oh..only a few days left before finishing this surgery...and I still haven't done with my assessment ~sigh~


Compared to medical, surgery is simpler; at least at the level of houseman - proper history and examination, establishing diagnosis, optimizing patient for operation, assissting operation, and post op care so patient can be discharged. Above all, assisting operation is the easiest and taking care of the post op patient is the most difficult - taking care of drains, early mobilization, chest physio, incentive spirometry, nutrition etc.


But definitely performing the surgery is more challenging; but once we master the anatomy and well versed in the principle of surgery - everything is under control. Deciding on when not to go in OT is more difficult and that differentiate good surgeons.


But, enough surgery for me at houseman level. I don't want to go beyond it; maybe I can consider to be a surgery MO (if I have no other option) but I'll make sure it is only temporary. I just can't imagine myself doing the laparotomy, craniectomy, scope etc.




But surely, I'll miss surgery. There are still a lot more knowledge for me to explore.


Oh, I must be thankful to all my colleagues, cool MOs a nd surgeons. Thank you for the experience. Thank you Allah for giving me strengh, patience and passionate.


71200 Seremban

No comments:

Post a Comment