Sunday, February 14, 2010

To my dear friend

I just could not believe in it initially but I know that Allah's plan is the best plan after all. My friend was finally diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma (malignant proliferation of lymphatic tissues) in the end of January after so many investigations were carried out including a diagnostic laparotomy (a surgical operation to open the abdominal wall).

I could count myself on how many times I've visited when she was admitted to the ward. Yes, I think it was only less ten visits despite the fact that she was admitted to HTAA. I am not that strong to visit her and to see her ill-looking face. Luckily, there were many of our classmates went to visit her everyday.



There were so many stories that we share together. We've made a very good team - me, Wahid, Ili and Safwan; mixture of laugh, sadness, stressful and even 'fights'. We share the same vision in volunteerism though sometimes there were clashes of ideas along the way. But that thing strengthen our bonding.

Wahid is sitting beside me at the left side

I am hoping she will try hard to cope well with the condition and possess a full motivation to proceed with the chemotherapy for the next 6 months. It will be a great challenge for her as it is difficult to get intravenous line to be set up at the peripheral. Maybe a chemo pot insertion is the best option.



I pray for your strength and patient, Wahid. Insya Allah everything will be fine. It is the way for Allah to elevate the level of faith inside you.

25200 Kuantan

No comments:

Post a Comment