Thursday, April 1, 2010

Children, let's play...

Currently I am in pediatric posting.

Other than usual ward works, another thing that I have to 'master' is developmental assessment of the children.

When are they supposed to sit, walk, talk, etc.

It is difficult for me to remember all the stages of development.

Experience would teach us a lot like other things in physical examination (but how could it be in this limited time).

I am not sure whether my experience as an eldest sister in my 7 siblings is helpful in understanding this matter.

Hohoho...How I wish I could still have newcomer at home so that I could have a close observation to his development (my mother would scream at me!) =p

This means, I need to work harder (and smarter) to tackle this problem.

So, children in the ward, do not get too sick and wait for your turn to be disturbed by us!
(we just want to play with you!)

Muhsin, you are growing so fast.
I missed the opportunity to really observe your development.
As far as I can remember, this boy could walk with support at 10 months old and walk unaided at 11 months old.

25200 Kuantan

No comments:

Post a Comment